What We're About
Teen Ministry Vision:
Our purpose is to help teenagers identify who they are in Christ and to understand their value though cultivating a relationship with Christ and then with others through acts of godly service.
We do this through our Teen Coaches who lead teaching lessons with large group and small group discussions. The purpose of this format is that the millennial generation and upcoming adolescents tend to have a better understanding of learning when they are in a group format. What better way is there to learn about God than to have your peers who believe in God the way you do, there beside you, to discuss and ask questions? There is something safe and dynamic about open and honest conversations that help teenagers formulate the purpose of their lives with God. That in turn causes personal growth in Christ. It doesn’t matter if you’re a regular church-going teenager who has grown up in church since you were an infant OR if you‘ve never stepped foot into a church, you’ll leave our service knowing someone has connected with you.
- Teen Service is on the 2nd & 3rd Sundays of the month. Teens will experience Praise & Worship in the main sanctuary then proceed to the Teen Center for their own service.
- The 1st Sunday is Communion Sunday at Speak the Word Church! Teens will be in the main sanctuary with their family.
- 4th & 5th Sundays are Student Helper Sundays! Student Helper Sundays are opportunities where your teenager can serve in a ministry at STWCI and learn how to become a servant of God and help others in the church.
- student helper application
- We have two classes of Teen Ministry: Junior High church for the 6th-8th graders, and Senior High church for the 9th-12th graders.
- The Teen Ministry is both instructional and relational in the high school and junior high group.
- All Teen Coaches are required to submit to a thorough background check.